The Executive Committee of Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has issue a communique after its meeting that held at the Boardroom of the Federation, Abuja on Tuesday, July 17, 2018. The meeting deliberate on important issues facing Nigeria Football following the enforcement of the judgement of the Supreme Court of Nigeria.
In the communique signed by Otunba Sunday Dele Ajayi, chairman communique drafting committee, the committee resolved as follows
1. The Executive Committee observed a minute silence in honour of Deji Tinubu, a member of the Committee, who passed in January 2018 and prayed that the Almighty God to grant him eternal rest and also grant his loved ones the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.
2. Board expressed deep appreciation to His Execellency, President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, the Federal Government, and the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development led by the Sports Minister, Barrister Solomon Dalung, and the general public for the massive support and encouragement given to the Super Eagles at the just concluded 2018 World Cup in Russia.
3. The Committee commended the players and officials of the Super Eagles for approaching the world Cup with patriotic fervour, and determination to succeed, even though, they felt short of their dream target.
4. The Board resolved to call an Emergency Congress on July 27, 2018 to find a lasting solution to the perennial crisis in Nigerian football.
5. The Committee resolved that the Premier League earlier scheduled to resume on Wednesday, 18th July, 2018 be postponed by two (2) weeks.
6. Committee announced the appointment of Dr. Emmanuel Ikpeme as the Acting General Secretary following the directive to the former General Secretary, Dr. Mohammed Sanusi to step aside sequel to investigations into allegations of financial corruption leveled against him pending when the Executive Committee will announce a substantive General Secretary.
7. The Committee also restored match bonuses and allowances to all age group teams, U-23, Flying Eagles, Golden Eaglets, Falconets, and the Flamingoes.
8. Board noted the activities of the Federation for the rest of the year, the Flying Eagles qualifiers against Mauritania, the Falconets world Cup preparation and tournament, Super Eagles Nations Cup qualifiers against Seychelles in September, Golden Eaglets African Nations qualifier in Niger Republic in September, and promised to provide the teams all necessary financial and moral support needed to succeed.
In attendance: Amb. Chris Giwa (President), Sen. Obinna Ogba (1st Vice President), Alh. Muazu Suleyman (Member), Chief Effiong Johnson (Member), Adams Yahaya (Member), Alh. Sani Fema (Member), Otunba Dele-Ajayi (Member), Dr. Emmanuel Ikpeme (Ag. General Secretary).